- Thermal R Insulation in the Front
- Polartec® Power Stretch® Panels at Side Torso, Sleeves and Back
- Lightweight Stretch Binding at Cuffs and Bottom Hem
- Front Hand Zip Pockets, Reflective Logos
- Blue Sea/Black (2463)
- New Lipstick/Black (6402)
- True Black (1332)
- Bright Grass/Black (4528)
- Center Back Length:25.5in / 64.8cm
- Overall Weight:10.4 oz / 294.8 g
- Main Material:100% Nylon Double Rip 0.9 oz/ yd
- Main Material:Polartec®Power Stretch® 88% Polyester, 12% Elastane 6.8 oz/yd
- Insulation Material:Thermal R
Thermal R is Marmot's proprietary family of polyester insulations specifically engineered to meet various needs from sleeping bags, to garments to gloves. Mid loft, excellent warmth to weight, resilient loft, and durable.
Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature body-hugging 4-way stretch and are very breathable. They keep you dry when you sweat and provide warmth without weight. These are the most versatile outdoor and fitness apparel fabrics available today.
Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature a proprietary construction with two unique surfaces: the durable nylon outer layer is wind- and abrasion-resistant; the soft inner layer pulls moisture away from your skin keeping you dry, warm and comfortable. The fabric also features compression stretch which can improve performance and reduces the chance of certain types of stop-go injuries. Polartec® Power Stretch® excels at handling the demands of the next-to-skin environment.
How does it work? Moisture and high relative humidity next to the skin cause discomfort. Polartec® Power Stretch® keeps the skin dry through three complementary mechanisms:
1) The fabric is highly breathable and does not restrict the movement of moisture vapor.
2) "Touch Points" on the fabric inner surface draw off the sweat. Sweat is wicked off the skin to the outside of the fabric, where it spreads rapidly for evaporation.
3) When the sweat reaches the outside of the fabric, it spreads out to many times its original surface area, enabling it to dry at least 2 times faster than cotton.
Summer Market 2010 Product Picks
Polartec Power Stretch panels on the side, back and sleeves of Marmot’s Variant jacket make for a unique and innovative hybrid construction. An insulated front panel provides core warmth with mobility and breathability.
Sizing by Height / Weight
Sizing by Body Measurements
Garment Sizing Information
The charts above will help you select the proper size.
If you have questions, please call our customer service representatives at (888) 357-3262.
Marmot does not recommend dry cleaning for any of our products. Gore-Tex® fabric products, MemBrain® fabric products, down insulated products, and fleece are all machine washable. You should use a commercial front loading machine and follow the care instructions.