- Soft, Breathable, Lightweight Performance Knit Fabric
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 50
- Quick-Drying and Wicking
- Contrast Flat- Locked Seams for Added Comfort
- Mesh Panels for Breathability
- Center Front Graphic Logo
- Tag-Free Neckline - Eliminates the Desire to Reach Back and Rip Out An Itchy Tag
- Reflective Logos
- Black (001)
- Cobalt Blue (2740)
- Gargoyle (1268)
- White (080)
- Overall Weight:13.4 oz / 379.9 g
- Main Material:100% Polyester Jersey 4.0 oz/yd
- Main Material:100% Polyester Mesh 3.0 oz/yd
Clothing can protect you from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It all depends on the fiber content, weave, weight of fabric and color.
So what’s the difference between UPF and SPF?
SPF stands for the Sun Protection Factor, most commonly associated with sunscreen. This measures the amount of time it takes for skin to burn.
UPF on the other hand stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor, which is a measure of the amount of UV radiation that penetrates a fabric and reaches your skin. For example, a fabric rated with a UPF of 50 will allow only 1/50th of the sun’s UV rays to pass through. So the fabric would significantly reduce your exposure to UV rays, (where it covers your body)!
Dark colors and tight weaves will have higher UPF ratings. As well, nylons and polyesters are better than plain cotton because they reflect radiation.