- Marmot M2 Softshell - Water-Repellent, Highly Breathable, Wind-Resistant, Durable and Warm
- Polartec® Power Shield® Fabric
- Windproof, Water Resistant, and Breathable
- Zippered Hand Pockets - For Convenience
- Zippered Cargo Pocket
- Back Pocket with Concealed Zipper
- Removable Suspenders - Are Adjustable and Optional
- Articulated Knees - Design Feature to Reduce Excess Fabric and Improve Mobility
- Adjustable Snap Closure Waist with Fly Zip
- Zip Leg Cuffs with Internal Flex Boot Gaiter - keeps your pant leg secure and your legs dry
- Bonded Scuff Guards
- Black (001)
- Overall Weight:1 lbs 5.8 oz / 618 g
- Main Material:Polartec®Power Shield® 88% Nylon, 12% Elastane 6.1 oz/yd
- Main Material:Softshell Double Weave 50% Nylon, 43% Polyester, 7% Elastane 8.1 oz/yd
Marmot M-series fabrics are designed for moving light and fast. They combine stretchable, water repellent, abrasion resistant and highly breathable shell materials with insulating buffer materials on the inside.
M2 shells are the ideal balance between weather resistance, breathability and thermal protection. They are appropriate for a wide range of aerobic use in moderate to cold conditions.
Power Shield® technology utilizes a perforated membrane that can control the amount of wind resistance and air permeability. The key to Power Shield® fabric is that the perforated membrane allows a wider range of comfort in aerobic and sweaty conditions. Power Shield O2® is more air permeable, making it ideal in the backcountry, (Fall 2010 only).
Marmot Athlete and Exum Guide Zahan Billimoria explains his ski layering system.