- Durable Nylon Face Performance Knit Fabric, Marmot Upcycle® Product with Recycled Polyester
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 50
- Cocona® for Natural Odor Protection
- Quick-Drying and Wicking
- Under Arm Gusset for Increased Mobility
- Flat-Locked Seams for Added Comfort
- Mesh Panels for Breathability
- Secure Chest Pocket with Zip Closure
- Tag-Free Neckline - Eliminates the Desire to Reach Back and Rip Out An Itchy Tag
- Reflective Logos
- Overall Weight:6.5 oz / 184.3 g
- Main Material:70% Nylon 30% Polyester (Cocona®) 4.0oz/yd
- Overall Weight:
Clothing can protect you from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It all depends on the fiber content, weave, weight of fabric and color.
So what’s the difference between UPF and SPF?
SPF stands for the Sun Protection Factor, most commonly associated with sunscreen. This measures the amount of time it takes for skin to burn.
UPF on the other hand stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor, which is a measure of the amount of UV radiation that penetrates a fabric and reaches your skin. For example, a fabric rated with a UPF of 50 will allow only 1/50th of the sun’s UV rays to pass through. So the fabric would significantly reduce your exposure to UV rays, (where it covers your body)!
Dark colors and tight weaves will have higher UPF ratings. As well, nylons and polyesters are better than plain cotton because they reflect radiation.
Marmot UpCycle® products minimize our impact on the environment by using natural, organic, and recycled or discarded materials that would otherwise end up in landfills.
Our UpCycle® fabric is made from recycled plastic...hence the name “UpCycle”. When you recycle plastic, you get more plastic; when we UpCycle® plastic, we get fabric, a greater value and a broader use.