- Soft, Comfortable, Lightweight Performance Knit Fabric
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 30
- Dri-Release® for Permanent Moisture Wicking and Quick - Drying Properties
- Fresh Guard® Finish for Odor Control
- Crew Neck - For Greater Comfort
- Tag-Free Neckline - Eliminates the Desire to Reach Back and Rip Out An Itchy Tag
- Blue Sea (2264)
- Bright Grass (4343)
- Vibrant Purple (6659)
- Overall Weight:3.7 oz / 104.9 g
- Main Material:100% Polyester Jersey 4.5 oz/yd
- Main Material:Dri-release® Cotton 85% Polyester, 15% Cotton 3.7 oz/ yd
Clothing can protect you from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It all depends on the fiber content, weave, weight of fabric and color.
So what’s the difference between UPF and SPF?
SPF stands for the Sun Protection Factor, most commonly associated with sunscreen. This measures the amount of time it takes for skin to burn.
UPF on the other hand stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor, which is a measure of the amount of UV radiation that penetrates a fabric and reaches your skin. For example, a fabric rated with a UPF of 30 will allow only 1/30th of the sun’s UV rays to pass through. So the fabric would greatly reduce your exposure to UV rays, (where it covers your body)!
Dark colors and tight weaves will have higher UPF ratings. As well, nylons and polyesters are better than plain cotton because they reflect radiation.
Kid’s Sizing (boys & girls)
Garment Sizing Information
The charts above will help you select the proper size. If you have questions, please call our customer service representatives at (888) 357-3262.
Marmot does not recommend dry cleaning for any of our products. Gore-Tex® fabric products, MemBrain® fabric products, down insulated products, and fleece are all machine washable. You should use a commercial front loading machine and follow the care instructions.