- GORE-TEX® Fabric. Guaranteed to Keep You Dry.
- 100% seam taped 2-layer construction
- Attached Storm Hood with Laminated Brim
- PitZips™ - Underarm Zip That Extends Into the Body for Aggressive Venting
- Chest Pocket with Water-Resistant Zipper - Chest Pocket with W/R Zipper
- Handwarmer Pockets with Water Resistant Zipper
- Stow Pocket with W/R Zip
- Waist Pass Pocket with Water Resistant Zip
- Zip-off Powder Skirt - Allows Removal of Powder Skirt When Not Needed
- Zippered Sunglass Pocket
- Mesh Gear Pocket
- Mesh Goggle Pocket
- HD Brushed Tricot Collar and Shoulder Lining
- Elastic Draw Cord Hem - For Adjustability in Serious Weather
- Adjustable Velcro® Cuff - Adjustable Velcro Cuff
- Angel-Wing Movement™ - Allows Full Range of Motion in Arms so Jacket Doesn't Ride Up
- Green Lime (4680)
- Orange Spice (9224)
- Team Red (6278)
- True Methyl Blue (2573)
- Center Back Length:29in / 73.7cm
- Overall Weight:1 lbs 14.3 oz / 859 g
- Main Material:GORE-TEX® Products 2L 100% Nylon 4.7 oz/yd
Designed to provide breathable comfort and durably waterproof and windproof protection, GORE-TEX® Performance Shells are ideal for a wide range of outdoor activities.
Whether you are skiing, cycling, mountaineering, inline-skating or just walking, you can change the sport, but you never need to change your garment with GORE-TEX® Performance Shell.
The GORE-TEX® Performance Shell comes in multi-layered construction options:
3-Layer: a specific GORE-TEX® membrane is bonded to an outer material and an inner lining.
2-Layer: specific GORE-TEX® membrane is bonded to the outer material and protected on the inside by a separate lining.
Check out Gore's website here.
Mike Leake reviews the Freerider Jacket. Learn more about Mike on his athlete profile page at http://marmot.com/athletes/mike-leake
This has been my go-to everyday jacket for over a year now. Great venting for hiking, warm enough for those cold POW days, and an extremely good wind and water shield. From the Teton Backcountry, to shedding in bounds POW at the Ghee, to skiing from a heli in AK, this jacket has been with me through it all. Oh, and it comes in some sick colors too!
Marmot Athlete Mike Leake gets ready to ski and shows off the gear he's taking with him.
Marmot's own Curly presents the Freerider Jacket
Men’s Jackets, Parkas, Sweaters & Shirts (unisex sizing)
Sizing by Height / Weight
Sizing by Body Measurements
|Jackets/Parkas/Sweaters/Shirts (unisex sizing)|
Garment Sizing Information
The charts above will help you select the proper size. If you have questions, please call our customer service representatives at (888) 357-3262.
Marmot does not recommend dry cleaning for any of our products. Gore-Tex® fabric products, MemBrain® fabric products, down insulated products, and fleece are all machine washable. You should use a commercial front loading machine and follow the care instructions.