- Filled and Finished in Santa Rosa, California
- Certified 800+ Fill Power Goose Down - Independently Tested and Certified by International Down and Feather Laboratory in Salt Lake City, Utah. Retested at Fill Time in Santa Rosa to Ensure 800 Fill Power Every Time. If the Down Does Not Meet Our In-House Test, We Send It Back
- Marmot MemBrain® Waterproof/Breathable Fabric - Marmot MemBrain, Waterproof/Breathable Fabric
- 9-Baffle Chest Section - Baffles Run Vertically in Core for Maximum Down Control. Rolling from Side-to-Side Won't Shift the Down
- Reinforced Foot Box Lining - To Handle the Extra Abuse of Boot Liners and Water Bottles
- 11-Baffle Foot Box - Baffles are Vertical to Keep Down Around Your Feet
- "Feely" Draw Cords - Ease Nighttime Cord Fumbling
- Down-Filled Draft Tube - Eliminates Cold Leaks Through the Zipper
- Ground-Level Side Seams - Eliminates Drafts
- Hidden Draft Tube Pocket - Inverts Into Draft Tube and Used to Store Watch or Alarm and Stay Out of Our Face
- Nautilus 6-Baffle Hood - 6 Chambers of Down Around Head for Better Down Control and Fit, Hood Cord is Positioned for Easy Access
- Stretch Tricot Baffles - Provide Ultimate Strength, Durability and Bag Life
- Stuff and Storage Sack Included - Store and Pack Just Like Your Sleeping Bag
- Velcro®-free Down-filled Collar - Keeps Warm Air Trapped in Your Bag; Collar is a Full 6-inch Baffle Width Integrated with the Draft Tube
- Velcro®-free Face Muff - Keeps the Drawcord and Zipper Away from Your Face
- Zipper Guards - Help Repel Biting Zipper Coils
- Alert/Terra Cotta (9327)
- Overall Weight:3 lbs 14.59 oz / 1774 g
- Fill Weight:38 oz / 1077 g
- Size on Hip:61in/155cm
- Size on Foot:44in/112cm
- Main Material:MemBrain® 2L 100% Nylon Ripstop 2.3 oz/yd
- Lining Material:100% Nylon WR 1.4 oz/yd
- Insulation Material:800+ Fill Power Goose Down
MemBrain® fabric balances the best performance in waterproof, breathable fabric with excellent durability.
MemBrain® reduces internal condensation while increasing comfort by reducing the chilling effect caused by condensation build-up.
When used with insulated garments or sleeping bags, MemBrain® protects the insulation from harsh weather conditions.
Certified 800+ Fill Goose Down bags are constructed with the following features:
- Nautilus Hood: the same construction as our 8000m jacket hood, a 3D hood that
wraps around your head and reduces heat loss.
- Hood Muff: creates a warm down gasket around your face, keeping the drawcord
away from the face.
- Stretch Tricot Baffles: allow the bag to be stuffed and unstuffed without tearing the baffle material.
- Trapezoid Foot box: matches the shape of your feet, wider in the toe area and narrower in the heels.
- Down Fill Oversized Draft Tube: eliminates cold spots
- Zipper guard: keeps the draft tube fabric from getting caught in the zipper
- Ground Level Seams: top layer wraps fully around the body creating a warm layer of down.
From the beginning, down has been Marmot’s foremost insulator. No synthetic surpasses the lightweight, compactability and longevity of down.
Marmot Down DNA:
Down is in our DNA. Marmot was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer and seller of premium quality down jackets, vests and sleeping bags. To this day we only use the finest quality certified goose down for our down insulated outdoor products. Mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide rely on Marmot down gear for warmth, comfort, and sometimes survival.
Marmot Down Quality:
Down quality is determined by fill power and durability which is dependent upon the age/maturity of the bird and the processing of the down. The best down comes from larger, more mature birds and goose down is better than duck down (when age/maturity are equal). More mature goose down has larger filament clusters than less mature goose down. These clusters, when grouped, provide many more trapped air pockets and therefore provide better insulation. To maximize the effectiveness of the down clusters, the proper processing of the down (sorting, washing & drying) is required to open them up.
Higher fill power means higher loft, better insulation, lighter weight, and greater durability. We test all of our down for content, cleanliness, species, and fill power. We guarantee minimum fill power for all of our down clothing and sleeping bags. That means, for example, that our 800 fill sleeping bags are guaranteed to have at minimum 800 fill power. We don’t believe in + or – variation when it comes to comfort.
Down is the light, fluffy undercoating at the base of the feathers of waterfowl. Down is a multi-dimensional structure that insulates by creating pockets of still air that retain body heat. Down is highly breathable and exceptionally comfortable. Pound for pound, high quality down is the most efficient natural insulator there is.
Geese are raised primarily for food and the down that is derived from them is a by-product of the food industry. Geese are raised on large and small farms and roam free outside on these farms. This is their natural environment. They are not raised indoors in controlled conditions. Geese are grain fed and also have access to local plant life.
Geese are generally harvested after 4-9 months for food. Some female geese are kept for breeding stock and are harvested between 1-2 years. These are the geese called the “mother birds” that provide the best, most mature down. After the geese have been harvested for food, the down and feathers are removed, washed, dried and then sorted by separating the down and small feathers from the larger, heavier feathers. These processing methods determine the final quality and fill power of the down. Marmot currently buys down primarily from Russia, Poland & China.
Marmot Guaranteed For Life:
Since 1974 we’ve guaranteed every product we’ve made for the life of the product. We believe the best thing for everyone and the environment is to make products that last.
Marmot's own Curly Cervone and Brian Rashap demonstrate how to properly care for you Marmot sleeping bag.
Marmot's own Curly Cervone and Randy Verniers explain why Marmot Down is the best on the market.
Sizing by Body Measurements
Kid's Sizing (boys & girls)
Garment Sizing Information
The charts above will help you select the proper size.
If you have questions, please call us.
Marmot does not recommend dry cleaning for any of our products. Gore-Tex® fabric products, MemBrain® fabric products, down insulated products, and fleece are all machine washable. You should use a commercial front loading machine and follow the care instructions.