- GORE-TEX® Paclite® Guaranteed to Keep You Dry - Gore-Tex Pac-Lite: Guaranteed to Keep You Dry
- Removable 700+ FP Goose Down Mitten
- Primaloft® Insulation - Patented Synthetic Down, Produces the Closest Synthetic to Down in Terms of Structure, Warmth and Feel. The Only Insulation That Treats Each Fiber with a Permanent Water-Repellant Finish. Twice as Warm for its Thickness Than Other Insulation
- Carabiner Loop To Hang Gloves and Keep Out the Elements - Finger Loop To Hang Gloves and Keep Out the Elements
- Wrist Strap & Gauntlet Drawcord to Keep Snow Out
- Leather Reinforced Palm
- Team Red (6278)
- Overall Weight:Large 12.7 oz 360 g
- Main Material:GORE-TEX® Products with Paclite® Technology 100% Nylon Ripstop 2.2 oz/yd
- Reinforcement Material:Pittards® Armortan Leather
- Lining Material:DriClime® 3-Dimentional Wicking Lining
- Insulation Material:700+ Fill Power Goose Down
- Insulation Material:Primaloft® Insulation
GORE-TEX® Inserts for gloves and mittens bring the benefits of GORE-TEX® technology to your fingetips.
Two GORE-TEX® Insert options:
1) 3-Layer: durably waterproof, windproof and breathable.
2) XCR: keeps hands warmer and drier longer. The highly breathable and durably waterproof design is ideal for more intense activity levels in cool and cold conditions.
Pittards® WR100X® tannage offers an enhanced resistance to rain, humidity or working conditions, and greater insulation to protect the hands in all weathers.
Properties of Pittards WR100 Leather:
• Permanent water resistance: a beautiful appearance maintained for overtime.
• Low water uptake: maximum comfort benefits and unparalleled grip garanteed time after time.
• Optimum softness
• Specially engineered leather which remains soft to the touch and keep its shape consistently.
• Excellent sweat resistance: sustained suppleness for longer lasting gloves.
• Unique breathability: specially designed to offer optimum comfort.
From the beginning, down has been Marmot’s foremost insulator. No synthetic surpasses the lightweight, compactability and longevity of down.
Marmot Down DNA:
Down is in our DNA. Marmot was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer and seller of premium quality down jackets, vests and sleeping bags. To this day we only use the finest quality certified goose down for our down insulated outdoor products. Mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide rely on Marmot down gear for warmth, comfort, and sometimes survival.
Marmot Down Quality:
Down quality is determined by fill power and durability which is dependent upon the age/maturity of the bird and the processing of the down. The best down comes from larger, more mature birds and goose down is better than duck down (when age/maturity are equal). More mature goose down has larger filament clusters than less mature goose down. These clusters, when grouped, provide many more trapped air pockets and therefore provide better insulation. To maximize the effectiveness of the down clusters, the proper processing of the down (sorting, washing & drying) is required to open them up.
Higher fill power means higher loft, better insulation, lighter weight, and greater durability. We test all of our down for content, cleanliness, species, and fill power. We guarantee minimum fill power for all of our down clothing and sleeping bags. That means, for example, that our 800 fill sleeping bags are guaranteed to have at minimum 800 fill power. We don’t believe in + or – variation when it comes to comfort.
Down is the light, fluffy undercoating at the base of the feathers of waterfowl. Down is a multi-dimensional structure that insulates by creating pockets of still air that retain body heat. Down is highly breathable and exceptionally comfortable. Pound for pound, high quality down is the most efficient natural insulator there is.
Geese are raised primarily for food and the down that is derived from them is a by-product of the food industry. Geese are raised on large and small farms and roam free outside on these farms. This is their natural environment. They are not raised indoors in controlled conditions. Geese are grain fed and also have access to local plant life.
Geese are generally harvested after 4-9 months for food. Some female geese are kept for breeding stock and are harvested between 1-2 years. These are the geese called the “mother birds” that provide the best, most mature down. After the geese have been harvested for food, the down and feathers are removed, washed, dried and then sorted by separating the down and small feathers from the larger, heavier feathers. These processing methods determine the final quality and fill power of the down. Marmot currently buys down primarily from Russia, Poland & China.
Marmot Guaranteed For Life:
Since 1974 we’ve guaranteed every product we’ve made for the life of the product. We believe the best thing for everyone and the environment is to make products that last.
PrimaLoft® One is the ultimate microfiber insulation.
Ultra fine fibers are specially treated in a patented process and then combined into an insulating core that is incredibly soft, lightweight and water resistant. PrimaLoft One absorbs 3 times less water, is 14% warmer when dry and is 24% warmer when wet than the competitive insulation.
The human body is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit but often ends up in places that threaten to make it far colder than that! PrimaLoft insulates your body to keep it comfortable and conserve energy even in extreme cold.
DriClime® Moisture Management Technology is a family of uniquely plaited bi-component knit fabrics engineered to mechanically draw moisture away from your skin to keep you dry, warm and comfortable.
The key to DriClime is 3-Dimensional Wicking. As moisture moves from the inner fabric touching your skin to the outer fabric, it spreads out across the outer fabric to speed the drying process. DriClime never stops working; it continually passes moisture through to the outer surface for fast evaporation. It is not a finish that washes or wears out; it works forever.
DriClime technology is available in a wide range of products: shelled microclimate layers, base layer, gloves, sleeping bags and backpacks.
Marmot's own Curly Cervone and Randy Verniers explain why Marmot Down is the best on the market.
Men’s Gloves (unisex sizing)
|Men’s Gloves (unisex sizing)|
Glove Sizing Information
Hand Girth is the circumference of the hand, measured over the knuckles (metacarpals) of the open hand, fingers together and thumb excluded.
The charts above will help you select the proper size. If you have questions, please call our customer service representatives at (888) 357-3262.
Follow the care instructions printed on the care content label of your gloves. Marmot does not recommend dry cleaning any of our products. We recommend hand washing all Marmot gloves. Most gloves should be hung to dry, the exception being down insulated gloves and mitts which have special care instructions on the label.