Boreas 3P Set-Up Instructions
How to set up your Marmot® Boreas 3P
Select a flat, level and protected site free from sharp rocks, twigs or other objects that could puncture the floor of your tent. Avoid pitching your tent in a low spot where water may collect if it rains.
Setting up the Tent Body
- Spread the tent out floor side down and loosely stake out the 4 corners of the main tent body using the stake loops.
- Carefully unfold all poles and begin assembling. Make sure all sections are fully joined together. Your poles are connected with the shock cord system for easy assembly.
- The Boreas 3P has 2 poles. There is one large pole system, each end is shaped like a “V,” of which one side is red and the rest is silver. The shorter pole is the “brow” pole.
- Locate the two red tabs at two corners of the tent body. Lay down the large pole system on top of the tent body with the tips of the red V directed toward the two corners with the red tabs.
- Insert 2 pole tips, one at a time, on one side of the tent into the grommets. Repeat with the remaining 2 pole tips on the opposite side of the tent body.
- With all 4 tips in their respective grommets, the main pole structure will be erect. Connect clips on the tent body to the corresponding pole. The color of the clip webbing will match the color of the pole.
- Locate the yellow pole pockets above the tent doors. Place the brow pole over the main pole structure. Insert the tips of the brow pole into the pole pockets. Once both tips of the brow pole are inserted into the pole pockets, connect the clips on the tent body to the brow pole.
- If needed, reposition the tent stakes to pull the floor of the tent body taut.
Attaching the Flysheet
- Unfold the flysheet and identify the inside of the fly. The inside is coated and seam tape is visible.
- Locate the 2 red tabs on the fly and the 2 red tabs at the stakeout points on the tent body. Align the 2 sets of red tabs, connect the buckle at 1 of the red tabs to keep the fly correctly positioned, and drape the flysheet over the tent body with the inside facing down.
- The seams of the fly should closely align with the tent poles.
- Locate the reflective guy-line tabs along the seams of the fly. There is Velcro under the tabs that will securely attach the fly to the tent pole structure.
- If necessary, loosen the webbing at the 4 buckles to connect the fly to the tent body.
- Once the 4 buckles are attached, tighten the webbing at the corners until the fly is taut.
- Be sure the fly door is zipped closed before you stake out the vestibule. Use the large loop to stake out the vestibule. Use the adjustable webbing to tighten or release the tension.